Monday, August 20, 2012

Super Duper Exciting Announcement

I'm so happy to share this news with you today:

I was invited to compete in Season 5 of Project Run & Play !!!

And I said yes.

What perfect timing... just before I was invited a child sized dress form (in above photo) arrived in the mail, a brand new tool for me to use, so I am ready to dive right in.

Season 5 will start September 10th with voting starting September 14th.

Check out the other 7 designers in the competition, should be fun, huh?

This will be a wonderful opportunity to improve my designing/pattern drafting/sewing skills. I want to push myself and learn more. I also want to have fun, try new things, and to step it up a notch. We will see what time and my ability will allow.

Can you tell I am so looking forward to this? Many thanks to Elizabeth & liZ of Simple Simon & Co for the invitation !

OK, now I'm off to finish cleaning up my sewing room, shop for fabrics, and sew, sew, sew...

I sure hope my sewing machine doesn't break anytime soon.

I'll see you on the runway!

PS Tomorrow the Season 5 challenges will be announced :)