Friday, October 30, 2009

welcome !

hi there ! welcome to my craft blog - i named this blog nest full of eggs well, because i heart nests & eggs and i'm a mother of 3 (hence the 3 eggs in the nest in the banner photo) and i enjoy spring and Easter...

...so speaking of nests & eggs, that brings me to this book i wanted to share, it's called Egg & Nest by Rosamond Purcell


let's crack its shell & have a look inside... many colorful eggs & unique nest constructions...





isn't it lovely?

for the month of November i will be doing a month of repurposing a jar - one of my favorite things to repurpose. each weekday, so that will be 21 days, there will be crafts & ideas to repurpose a glass jar --- maybe you'd like to play along?

have a great weekend !

4 comments:

  1. Rachel, could it be that I'm the very first person to comment on your new blog?!!! What an honor! I love your blog name and the topic and the colours and just the whole thing!!!
    I used to collect nests until I realized they didn't travel well when we moved. I find nests amazing and I love to watch the birds in the garden while their building them.
    I look forward to seeing your month of repurposing jars, I'm a huge fan of jars too and will try to join in too.
    I hope you're having a great weekend and that little J is feeling better. Thank you for your kind birthday wishes for Gracie.
    PS, I'd love to spend hours pouring over that gorgeous book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bienvenue !
    I LOVE your banner !!
    and can't wait to read more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new blog. Can't wait to see what ideas you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel ! :)
    congrats on your new crafts blog !
    You know how much I love repurposing, and glass jars more particularly, so I'll keep an eye on your ideas ! :P
    Big hugs to you & yours oxoxo

    ReplyDelete